Searching for your perfect wedding venue with these tips will be a breeze!
We know that the moment you become engaged it’s like you’re being thrown into another world. The excitement of it all gets you going in the right direction, but soon you find yourself completely overwhelmed with the first step alone- Finding a Venue!
(Photo Credit: Evan Hunt Photo)
Wedding Venue Search Reality-
Let’s just tell it like it is, it’s a lot harder than you imagined! No one ever told you that your wedding was going to take this much work. The time and effort to make the calls, get the quotes, and not to mention trying to sort through all of the quotes. In the new “Wedding Style File” (coming out soon to all of Visions Event Studio readers), I like to call it “comparing apples to oranges,” because you really aren’t able to put two different venue quotes side by side and compare them equally. We totally agree that there should be one size fits all quote system, but let’s face it, that just isn’t reality.
Don’t worry, you can contact Visions for our venue tour service that takes this stressful, confusing process and turns it into a fun and relaxing experience! So, now that you know you are not alone and everyone goes through the same bit of frustration while searching for their wedding venue, let’s get practical.
Here are some things that we suggest to our clients to make this venture less stressful
- Visit your venue at the time of day that you will be having your wedding. Trust us, it will look different if you go at another time. This will help you gain the full vision of what you want your wedding to look like.
- If you are looking for full service venue that is a “one stop shop,” be sure to ask what is included. There is no such thing as asking too many questions when it comes to you wedding day. You want to make sure you’ll be fully satisfied with what the venue has to offer!
- This one is a big one!! How many weddings will take place on your wedding day?? Most brides don’t want to share the spotlight or deal with having to share a space with anyone outside of her wedding. Ask ahead of time, and don’t be afraid to move on to another venue if it’s not what you are looking for.
- Will there be construction/changes to the venue before your wedding? This may seem like something that the venue manager would be straightforward about, but you would be surprised! My rule of thumb: ASK!!!
- Can we use any vendors we want? This should be straightforward and to the point in their wedding handouts, but again ASK! If you have a florist that you absolutely love and they are not on the list, it may be worth it to search for a venue that does not have such restrictions.
These are very small steps to making your wedding venue search less stressful, but like I said you can always make it FUN! Contact Visions today and we can get started and find you a venue right away!