Bridal Beauty Mistake #1 – Not starting in time!
Well if you ask me, and I’m sure you’ll agree, one of the best parts about the wedding is the bridal beauty! You get to hand select your own glam squad and go to salon after salon getting all done up to find the perfect look for your wedding day. What girl wouldn’t like that!? But so many times, brides don’t take into consideration the amount of time it truly takes to get the glam squad and perfect look in order. Even if you are one of those girls who can get ready in 30 minutes (I have never understood how, I take a minimum of 2 hours), you need to PLAN WAY AHEAD!
Although the actual visiting of the salons might not begin too far in advance, the pre planning before your visits is what takes a long time. As I am sure you know, the wedding plans should begin about 12 months before the day you say, “I-do”. Well here’s some crazy news…So should your bridal beauty search!
Bridal Beauty Timeline
9-12 MONTHS BEFORE
- Decide on a beauty budget – it can get expensive! So lay down some ground rules.
- Collect Ideas – Pinterest, a beauty binder, magazines, etc. Start saving files of ideas you would like to try!
- Search for Salons – Not all salons do wedding day treatments. Look around your area for salons you like, and then make sure they do weddings. Also, you need to decide whether you want to go to them on the wedding day, or you want them to come to you.
- Start exercise plan – Whether you want to lose weight, tone it, or stay exactly where you are, exercising is important to fit into that gorgeous gown you have.
6-9 MONTHS BEFORE
- Schedule trial runs – Once you have your salons selected, it’s time to get in there and try on some of the looks you had in mind. Last thing you want to happen is trying it the day of and hating it!
4-6 MONTHS BEFORE
- Schedule appointments – Now that you have your look decided on, its time to schedule a day and time for when the stylist should book you for the big day.
- Skin – If you have any concerns about the appearance of your skin, visit a dermatologist now so that you can get it taken care of in advance.
- Try out products – Any new products you plan on using the day of should be tested. You want to make sure you don’t have any allergic reactions.
1 MONTH BEFORE
- Teeth – Begin teeth whitening treatments. You are going to want a big, bright smile for all those wedding picture.
- Trim – Get a short trim off your ends so that its fresh and clean for the big day.
- Contact Info – Get the arrival times of your glam squad and give them to your planner so they can make sure everyone is there on time.
2 WEEKS BEFORE
- Bad Roots – Get those touched up if your hair is colored!
- Mani/Pedi Time – Schedule appointments for a proper manicure and pedicure for a couple days before your wedding
- Prepay – Now might be a good time to pay your glam squad in advance so the day of, you don’t have to stress about finding your wallet.
1 WEEK BEFORE
- Confirmation – One week before, you should call all of your beauty specialists and confirm the date and details so that everything is in order on the day of.
- Body Treatments – Get all of your waxes, facials, deep conditioners out of the way.
- Pack a bag – Get your cute, little Vera Bradley duffle out and start packing a “Day Of Bag”. This should include all of your must haves – perfume, shoes, accessories, emergency kit, etc.
- Get accessories in order – Whether you pack them in your wedding day bag or give them to a bridesmaid to take care of, get all your jewelry and hair accessories together so you don’t forget
1 DAY BEFORE
- Get sleep – Go to bed early and aim to get 8-10 hours of sleep so you are fully rested for the long day ahead of you.
- Shower early – We recommend showering 4-5 hours before wedding time so that you can take your time, and have time to get glammed!
- Hair styling – A minimum of 3 hours before I-Do
- Makeup – Makeup can begin as you are getting your hair done
- Perfume – Spritz yourself right before you walk out of the door so you hubby can smell that hand selected perfume.
- Bring Touch Up Essentials to Ceremony – Just in case!
Who would have thought bridal beauty would be such work!? But it’s fun work, trust us. Stick to this timeline for your bridal beauty and we are sure that you will be the most beautiful bride!